How to Forward Your Old Gmail to Your New @umcna.org Account
If you have one or more gmail accounts, it is recommended to consolidate these addresses to your new @umcna.org ministry account. Several have mentioned that they have well established gmail accounts or accounts from school/seminary that also rely on Gmail. Use these following 10 steps to forward your old email addresses to your new @umcna.org while still keeping them!
1) Begin by going to http://gmail.com and logging into your old gmail account.
2) After login, click on your account icon or email address in the right upper corner of your gmail inbox and click on Settings.
3) Click the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
4) Click the Add a forwarding address button.
5) Type in your primary (full) @umcna.org email address in the email address field and click Next. Your address should look like the example email@example.com.
6) Ensure that you typed your @umcna.org email address correctly and then click on Proceed.
7) Click OK to receive an email address at your @umcna.org email account that contains your confirmation code. Email will not be forwarded until you have entered the confirmation code.
8) Check your @umcna.org email. In the subject line and in the body of the email, you will see a numerical confirmation code. NOTE: If you are not logged into both @gmail.com and @umcna.org accounts, you will need to sign out and sign into your @umcna.org account, get the confirmation code and then sign back into your @gmail account.
9) )Once you have the confirmation code, return to the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab and key in the confirmation code in the text box next to the @umcna.org address. Click the Verify button. If you keyed the correct confirmation code, you will be able to begin forwarding your email. If you never received the confirmation code email, you may click Re-send to the right of the Verify button.
10) After verification, click the button next to Forward a copy of incoming mail to. Ensure that the @umcna.org address is listed. You can only forward to one address per gmail account. It is recommended to use the default keep Gmail's copy in the Inbox option. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Save button.
Remember to click on the Save Changes button. Email inbound for your old @gmail.com address will now arrive at your @umcna.org inbox.
« Go back
Powered by Help Desk Software HESK - brought to you by Help Desk Software SysAid